2017 NCEA Institute for Catholic School Leaders
Save the Date!
July 16-19, 2017
Westin Waltham Boston
Archdiocese of Boston
Announcing the 2017 NCEA Institute for Catholic School Leaders (ICSL 2017), which will take place July 16-19, 2017 in Waltham, MA (Boston area). It is the foremost annual gathering dedicated to serving current elementary and secondary principals, presidents, pastors and school board leadership in Catholic schools. Additionally, ICSL 2017 is an excellent opportunity for professional development in the preparation of the next generation of leaders in these positions desiring to serve in Catholic schools.
Pertinent information regarding registration and housing will be announced at a later date.
Call for Proposals
The Call for Proposals for the 2017 NCEA Institute for Catholic School Leaders is now open. Complete submission information is available below.
NCEA invites you to submit presentation proposals for this event that has been designed by Catholic school leaders for Catholic school leaders in order to address and meet their specific needs. Session times will be 60 or 90 minutes in length. Presenters are strongly encouraged to align their presentation within the following framework:
|I. Mission & Catholic Identity
| a. Spiritual and Catechetical Formation
b. Mission-Centered Mindset
c. Servant Leadership
|II. Operational Vitality
| a. Increasing Enrollment
| 1. Stability Models
2. Hispanic/Latino Initiatives
3. Other Growth Models
| b. Marketing for Mission/Charism
c. Financing the Mission
| 1. Funding Models
2. Tuition Assistance/Financial Aid
3. Competitive Salaries/Annual Turnover
4. Sources of Revenue
|III. Governance & Leadership
| a. Leadership Formation/Succession Planning
b. Leader Relationships (Pastor/Principal, President/Principal, etc.)
c. Functioning Teams/Organizations
d. Governance Models/Board Development
|IV. Academic Excellence
| a. Teacher/Principal Evaluation
b. Special Needs/Education
c. Academic/Curriculum Rigor
Presenters should accommodate two or more of the learner objectives desired for this meeting:
- Attendees will be able to articulate and model the Catholic faith within their leadership competencies.
- Attendees will be able to provide robust strategies for promoting and marketing Catholic schools as well as advocating for new streams of funding in order to increase enrollment.
- Attendees will be able to promote healthy relationships between parish and Catholic school catechetical leaders as agents of evangelization.
- Attendees will be able to support rising, new and first year Catholic school building leaders.
- Attendees will be able to offer insight and approaches that enable Catholic schools to become more inclusive by providing increased opportunities for all students.
If you wish to submit a proposal to present, please complete the abstract submission form by clicking the button below. Please note that you will need to log in or create an account at the bottom of the page in order to submit a proposal for this conference.
The submission deadline is February 21, 2017.
Submit a Proposal for ICSL 2017