2017 NCEA New Directions Exceptional Learners Conference
Registration Now Open!
June 19-21, 2017
Catholic schools strive to be inclusive of all learners, and teachers and administrators are seeking strategies, best practices and resources to help serve the needs of exceptional learners in the classroom. Ergo, it is with great pleasure that we announce the 2017 NCEA New Directions Exceptional Learners Conference (ELC 2017), which will take place June 19-21, 2017 in Evanston, IL (Chicago area).
ELC 2017 will provide top-level education to teachers and administrators who either work with or are exploring the possibility of working with students with exceptionalities in a Catholic school setting. This program is designed to offer practical skills, quality professional development and networking opportunities for special educators in Catholic schools, early interventionist, and other Catholic educators instructing and supporting children and youth with exceptionalities.
Download the Preliminary Program Register Online
Learning with and from my brother George, born with Down syndrome
Most Reverend Joseph E. Kurtz. D.D.
Archbishop, Archdiocese of Louisville
Archbishop Kurtz will reflect on his personal experience of learning with and from his brother, born with Down syndrome, and apply the theological principles at work. He will also reflect on the practical advances and challenges of providing for exceptional learning opportunities in the Archdiocese of Louisville over the past ten years.
(March 14 - May 8)
(May 9 - June 18)
1710 Orrington Avenue
Evanston, IL 60210
Current group rate is $179/night
. Reserve your hotel room as soon as possible! The group rate will be available until May 19 or until availability runs out; whichever comes first. To make a reservation online, CLICK HERE
and enter the code EXLC in the box marked “Group/Convention Code.” In order to receive the discounted group rate, please make your reservation before Friday, May 19th, 2017. You can also reserve a hotel room within the conference room block by calling the Hilton Orrington/Evanston at 1 (800) 445-8667. Attendees should be sure to identify the 2017 NCEA Exceptional Learners Conference to receive the group rate.
Reserve Hotel Room
Terms and Conditions
- Payment is due upon receipt of invoice.
- Send checks payable to NCEA, P.O. Box 63392, Charlotte, NC 28263-3392.
- In order to ensure proper credit; please be sure to include the name of the attendee(s) in the memo of the check or provide a list of all registration with payment.
- Purchase Orders will be accepted.
- Registration fees do not include hotel accommodations.
- Cancellation of conference registration does not constitute cancellation of a hotel room. Please be sure to handle both separately.
- No one under the age of 18 is permitted to attend ELC 2017.
- Attendees are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and agree to accept responsibility for their own personal actions and conduct while at ELC 2017 related events.
If you have any questions regarding registration information, contact Jennifer Stewart, Event Coordinator, at 571.206.1527 or via email.