Youth Virtues, Valor and Vision Awards
Recognize Outstanding Catholic School Students
NCEA is proud to continue the NCEA Youth Virtues, Valor and Vision Awards Program that will formally recognize extraordinary young people in our Catholic schools who through their selfless service, determination, innovation and ideals are changing the world.
The NCEA Youth Virtues, Valor and Vision Awards program is made possible, in part, through the generosity and support of Cross Catholic Outreach, a Catholic ministry who believes in and celebrates the young people in our Catholic schools who are making a profound difference even at a young age to a myriad of undeserved constituencies. For more information about Cross Catholic Outreach please go to www.crosscatholic.org.
Every NCEA member Catholic school, both elementary and secondary, is eligible to nominate one student, who through personal witness and initiative, in service learning programs or community outreach, has become a hero to those who have been touched and nourished by his or her work or initiative.
NOTE: The call for nominations has closed. Awardees will be notified in the coming weeks.
The NCEA Youth Virtues, Valor and Vision Awardees will be notified in December 2017. Each awardee will be:
- Nationally recognized in NCEA's official publications, Momentum and NCEA Talk, and on the NCEA website;
- Featured during National Catholic Schools Week from January 28 - February 3, 2018;
- Highlighted during the 2018 NCEA Convention & Expo in Cincinnati, Ohio from April 3-5, 2018;
- Presented with the prestigious NCEA Medal of Honor and a Certificate of Recognition by representatives from NCEA or Cross Catholic Outreach to each student at the awardee's school during the spring semester;
- Asked to contribute to an article for the summer 2018 issue of Momentum.
Additional questions or comments should be directed to Barbara Edmondson.
NCEA 2017 Youth Virtues, Valor and Vision Awards Winners
2017 Youth VVV Winners