37 Catholic Schools Shine Among the 2016 National Blue Ribbon School Awardees
Catholic schools in 15 states and the District of Columbia are honored for overall academic excellence
Arlington, VA – The National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA) today proudly recognizes the 37 Catholic schools that will receive the 2016 National Blue Ribbon at a two-day event in Washington, D.C., November 7 – 8. Catholic schools are 37 of the 50 private schools recognized as Blue Ribbon schools this year.
“Catholic schools once again are recognized as academically excellent schools,” said NCEA President/CEO Thomas W. Burnford, D.Min. “When a school earns this honor they are a National Blue Ribbon school forever. This year’s honorees join the company of hundreds of Catholic schools around the country that have received this national recognition.”
The National Blue Ribbon has been given to public and private K-12 schools nationwide since 1982. This program evaluates student achievement with measurable characteristics that help identify not only the high achieving schools, but also those schools that have achieved despite difficult odds. For a complete explanation of the program, please click HERE.
The Council for American Private Education (CAPE) nominates the private schools for the award and the states’ commissioner of education nominates the public schools. The National Blue Ribbon Schools Program serves three main purposes: to identify the highest achieving schools in the country; to make criteria available to all schools to help them evaluate the current quality status and uncover areas for improvement; and, perhaps most importantly, to facilitate the exchange of information between the award-winning schools and those looking for solutions to problems.
NCEA salutes the following Catholic schools distinguished as 2016 National Blue Ribbon Schools:
- St. Mary’s Academy Lower School, Englewood, CO
- Christ the Teacher Catholic School, Newark DE
- St. John the Beloved School, Wilmington, DE
- Holy Trinity School, Washington, D.C.
- Our Lady of Victory School, Washington, D.C.
- St. Joseph Catholic School, Marietta, GA
- St. Thomas More Catholic School, Decatur, GA
- Saint Anne Parish School, Barrington, IL
- Saint Juliana School, Chicago, IL
- St. Daniel the Prophet School, Chicago, IL
- Cathedral High School, Indianapolis, IN
- Covington Catholic High School, Park Hills, KY
- Saint Xavier High School, Louisville, KY
- St. Francis of Assisi Catholic School, Louisville, KY
- St. Henry Catholic School, Elsmere, KY
- St. Mary School, Alexandria, KY
- St. George School, Baton Rouge, LA
- St. Joseph’s Academy, Baton Rouge, LA
- St. Thomas More Catholic School, Baton Rouge, LA
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help School, Ellicott City, MD
- Saint Joseph School, Fullerton, Baltimore, MD
- Saint Patrick’s Catholic School, Rockville, MD
- Saint Pius X Regional School, Bowie, MD
- Everest Collegiate High School and Academy, Clarkston, MI
- Chaminade College Preparatory School, St. Louis, MO
- Academy of the Most Blessed Sacrament, Franklin Lakes, NJ
- Saint Peter’s School, Point Pleasant Beach, NJ
- St. Augustine of Canterbury School, Kendall Park, NJ
- St. Cassian Elementary School, Upper Montclair, NJ
- St. Edward High School, Lakewood, OH
- Holy Family School, Phoenixville, PA
- St. Genevieve School, Flourtown, PA
- St. Joan of Arc School, Hershey, PA
- St. Mary Interparochial School, Philadelphia, PA
- St. Phillip Neri School, Lafayette Hill, PA
- Prince of Peace Catholic School, Plano, TX
- Saint Vincent de Paul Catholic School, Houston, TX
For more information about the Blue Ribbon Schools, click HERE.