Stay Safe at NCEA 2018
If you or someone that you are with require
immediate emergency assistance, call 911
Safety at the Duke Energy Convention Center (DECC)
In case of emergency at the DECC, locate a black house phone found throughout the building and dial #0. Should the emergency also warrant police or ambulance involvement, please dial 911 from a cell phone or any house phone first, then alert building security and show management second.
24 hour Security Office may be reached at 513-419-7325.
An Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) and first aid services will be available on site for the duration of the Convention during show hours.
Safety at the Hyatt Regency Cincinnati (Headquarters Hotel)
In case of emergency at the Hyatt Regency Cincinnati, dial 55 from any house phone.
Security is onsite 24/7 at the Hyatt.
911 may always be dialed from any phone within the hotel if needed.
See Something, Say Something
If you see something, say something! NCEA, the Duke Energy Convention Center and the Hyatt Regency will be working hard to provide a safe and secure environment for NCEA 2018, but we need everyone to do their part.
If you ever feel that Show Management needs to be made aware of an event, situation or individual acting strangely or inappropriately at NCEA 2018, please visit the Show Office (Room 207) to speak with an NCEA staff member.
Please note that the below simply lists the nearest of facility of each type to the Duke Energy Convention Center and does not represent a complete list of all facilities available in Cincinnati.
The Christ Hospital; 2.6 miles from Convention Center
2139 Auburn Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45219
Mt. Auburn Urgent Care; 2.5 miles from Convention Center
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
2230 Auburn Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45219
CVS Pharmacy; less than 2 blocks from Convention Center
Hours: 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
604 Race Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Cincinnati Non-Emergency Police Number
Tips for Staying Safe
- Stay alert and aware of your surroundings at all times
- Take note of the closest emergency exit when in any meeting room, hotel or venue
- Carry personal or valuable items in a bag, purse or wallet that is able to clasp or zipper closed and keep it with you at all times
- Keep your phone at an appropriate battery level and/or carry a portable battery or charger with you
- Travel with others or let friends or colleagues know of your plans if you intend to travel to a new part of the city unaccomanied