Regions of the Secondary Schools Department
2012-2013 Regional Meeting Schedule
The Secondary Schools Department with the Executive Committee Regional Representative and a local Catholic School host a series of regional meetings annually between October and February throughout the US.
The meetings address particular public policy issues and federal legislation, research and development in Catholic secondary education, additional regional issues, and other current and enduring topics relevant to Catholic School educators.
Nationally recognized educators connect theory and practice to Catholic school instructional leadership needs. Participants gain knowledge, resources, and tools, and have the opportunity to network with other Catholic educational leaders.
The membership of the Secondary Schools Department is divided into 14 regions.
- Region 1: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, Massachusetts and Connecticut
- Region 2: New York
- Region 3: New Jersey and Pennsylvania
- Region 4: District of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia and Canada
- Region 5: Alabama, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee
- Region 6: Michigan and Ohio
- Region 7: Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin
- Region 8: Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota
- Region 9: Iowa, Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska
- Region 10: Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas
- Region 11: California, Nevada, Hawaii, Guam and the Caroline-Marshall Islands
- Region 12: Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington
- Region 13: Arizona, Colorado, Wyoming, New Mexico and Utah
- Region 14: Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands
Each region has several regional associates who are appointed to help the Department and an elected representative who serves on the Department's Executive Committee.
Regional Associate Job Description:
NCEA Secondary Schools Department
As a valued representative within the Secondary Schools Department of the National Catholic Educational Association, the Regional Associate is responsible for the fulfillment of the following expectations:
- Maintain active individual or institutional membership in NCEA;
- Continue leadership and commitment to the ministry of Catholic secondary education;
- Communicate with other Catholic educators regarding NCEA aims, goals, programs, and local needs;
- Attend a regional meeting once annually with other Regional Associates and Executive Committee members from the region;
- Bring to the attention of the Executive Committee member persons in the field who provide leadership and/or service to Catholic secondary education for possible commendation by the Department;
- Represent the views, issues, and concerns of constituents at the annual regional meetings for further processing by the Executive Committee;
- Promote local interest and membership in NCEA;
- Represent the Secondary Department at local educational functions when requested by a member of the Executive Committee or the Department’s Executive Director;
- Attend the NCEA convention as possible: serve as chairperson for convention sessions when invited to do so, attend the annual business meeting of the Secondary Schools Department and assist in the planning of the Convention when it is held in your region;
- Communicate views to Executive Committee members necessary for shaping the direction and thrust of the Secondary Department.
On-line Regional Associate Renwal & Self Nomination Form
Printable Cover Letter, Job Description, Nomination Form