Common Core Catholic Identity Initiative (CCCII)
Catholic schools across the country are implementing the National Catholic School Standards Project, which calls for excellence in academic programs.
The Common Core Catholic Identity Initiative Conference will assist Catholic school leaders and teachers in learning more about the CCCII and how to implement it successfully. The Common Core framework will be presented by educational leaders who will discuss the pedagogy needed to successfully teach the Common Core, and will define the elements that are necessary if a teacher is to develop Common Core units that are built on our faith.
Time for networking and planning will be provided, as will worship opportunities.
- Teachers and principals will be able to articulate the need for CCCII in their own schools; they will have strategies to assist them in implementation of the CCCII at their schools.
- Teachers will be able to use unit templates, resources and examples of unit planning to develop CCCII units.
- All participants will be able to explain key shifts in the Common Core and key guidelines for infusing Catholic identity into their unit plans.
- Teachers at all grade levels who will be working with the CCCII, including elementary and secondary schools.
- Also encouraged to attend are leaders from the schools of education of Catholic colleges from around the nation who are interested in supporting Catholic school teachers as they develop the skills and knowledge necessary to implement CCCII.
- Superintendents and/or assistant superintendents who work in the area of curriculum are welcome.
Registration for this event is closed.