2021 Virtual Education Law Symposium
Join us July 7 - 8 for a series of online learning sessions with experts on relevant legal issues for Catholic schools. Delivered in collaboration between NCEA and the Loyola Marymount University School of Education, our mix of live and on-demand sessions will include topics such as school law, custody and privacy, faculty and student handbooks, inclusion, personnel, public policy, medicine, technology and social media, and post-pandemic safety.
Paying by invoice is ONLY available to schools utilizing ESSA Title II-A funds through their local educational agency (LEA)/school district or EANS funding through their state educational agency (SEA). If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
Free CEUs are included in your registration fee and can be awarded upon completion of this offering, upon your request.
Wednesday, July 7
- 10:30 AM EDT: Opening Prayer and Welcome
- 11 AM EDT: Legal Issues: Schools and the New Normal
- 12 PM EDT: Fundraising Success: Solving the Mystery as We Build Back Better
- 1:30 PM EDT: Medical Issues in School-Aged Children in a Post-Pandemic World
- 2:30 PM ET: Remote, Hybrid, Face-to-Face Teaching: Technology Considerations & Learnings in the New Normal
Thursday, July 8
- 10:30 AM EDT: Opening Prayer
- 10:35 AM EDT: Ask the Lawyers
On Demand Sessions
- Catholic Schools in the United States: The intersect of Canon Law and U.S. Civil Law
- Inclusion in Catholic Schools: Observing Legal Protocols in a Welcoming Environment
- Parent/Student and Faculty Handbooks
- Federal Education Policy and Legislative Update
- Child Custody Conundrums
- What is Your School Safety Profile?
- Legal Issues and Administrators: From the Field
- The Importance of Increasing Teacher Legal Literacy
- Catholic School Principals and the Law: A Panel Discussion of Best Practices on Legal Issues