Regional Principals Institutes
A Regional Principals Institute is a multi-diocese elementary and secondary school leadership formation and professional development program to support effective leadership in the four National Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Catholic Schools (NSBECS) domains – Mission and Catholic Identity, Governance and Leadership, Academic Excellence and Operational Vitality.
How does it work?
The Institute offers a two-day experience, which includes a keynote presentation, four plenary sessions and facilitated opportunities for dialogue and collaboration. In other words, NCEA brings the content to your regional meeting.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the process of planning your regional institute today!
This list of session options serves as a starting point for the development of a Regional Principal Institute to address the professional development and formation needs of the diocese(s). The Institute program and schedule will be designed in collaboration with respective diocesan leaders. The schedule will include one session from each of the four NSBECS domains along with a keynote that will focus on the Dynamic Catholic School as prescribed in the Defining Characteristic of Catholic Schools.
Catholic Identity and Mission
- Developing, articulating and ensuring fidelity to mission
- Living as Missionary Disciples – Cultivating an Evangelizing School Community
- Forming today’s high school student through Digital Discipleship
- Catholic Social Teaching, An Essential Understanding for School Leadership
- Developing prescriptive formation programs/opportunities for faculty and staff using the ACRE/IFG
Governance and Leadership
- Developing a dynamic student assessment program - planning for student success
- Building a culture of growth – principal as instructional leader effecting change through observation, feedback, goal setting and support
- Integrating faith and knowledge across a rigorous standards-based curriculum
- Utilizing cross-curricular design with STEM, STEAM, STREAM
- Embracing the Diverse Learner
- Inspiring a shared vision for strategic change
- Building capacity – identifying and cultivating talent
- Forming and developing effective boards and councils
- Embracing the National Standards and Benchmarks as a design for innovative leadership
- Cultivating the Pastor- Principal Relationship/Partnership
- Developing a year-round marketing and enrollment plan for a new generation
- Cultivating a growth mindset – leading a dynamic strategic planning process
- Defining current revenue sources and exploring new options to support strategic goals in Institutional Advancement
- Building data dashboards to communicate, collaborate and plan for growth
- Introduction to operations, finance and an effective budgeting process