Youth Virtues, Valor and Vision Award
Recognize Outstanding Catholic School Students
NCEA is proud to continue the NCEA Youth Virtues, Valor and Vision Award Program that will formally recognize extraordinary young people in our Catholic schools who through their selfless service, innovation and commitment to social justice are changing the world.
The NCEA Youth Virtues, Valor and Vision Award program is made possible, in part, through the generosity and support of Cross Catholic Outreach, a Catholic ministry who believes in and celebrates the young people in our Catholic schools who are making a profound difference even at a young age to a myriad of underserved constituencies. For more information about Cross Catholic Outreach please go to www.crosscatholic.org.
Every NCEA member Catholic school, both elementary and secondary, is eligible to nominate one student, who through personal witness and initiative, in service learning programs or community outreach, has become a hero to those who have been touched and nourished by his or her work or initiative.
The NCEA Youth Virtues, Valor and Vision Awardees will be notified by the first week in November. Each awardee will be:
- Nationally recognized in NCEA's official publications, Momentum and NCEA Talk, and on the NCEA website;
- Featured during National Catholic Schools Week from January 27 - February 2, 2019;
- Highlighted during the 2019 NCEA Convention & Expo in Chicago, Illinois from April 23-25, 2019;
- Presented with the prestigious NCEA Medal of Honor and a Certificate of Recognition by representatives from NCEA or Cross Catholic Outreach to each student at the awardee's school during the spring semester;
- Asked to contribute to an article for the summer 2019 issue of Momentum.
Additional questions or comments should be directed to Andrea Chavez-Kopp.
NCEA 2019 Youth Virtues, Valor and Vision Award Winners
2019 Youth VVV Award Winners