Special Note about Internet for NCEA 2020 Speakers
Due to the current coronavirus pandemic, the National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA) has come to the difficult decision to cancel the NCEA 2020 Convention & Expo planned for Baltimore, MD, April 14 - 16, and modify it into an online professional development program. The health and safety of Catholic school teachers/administrators and the students and families they serve is paramount.
While the full Convention will not take place this year, NCEA will make available to registrants an online event with professional development sessions, small group chats, prayer opportunities and resources. This program will take place April 14 - 16, the same dates, so please don’t make plans for those days now you are not coming to Baltimore! We will keep you updated by email and on the NCEA website with more information on how to participate. Please be on the lookout for this information.
We ask those who have registered for Baltimore, both participants and vendors, to please be patient as we properly assess the many questions around refunds and logistics. We will reach out to you with more information in the upcoming weeks. In the meantime, we urge everyone to follow the guidelines and protocols set by public health officials, Please join us as we continue to pray for those who have been impacted by the virus and the healthcare workers dedicated to their communities.
Download the NCEA 2020 Speaker PowerPoint Template
- Each meeting room will be set as follows: with an LCD projector, screen, PC-based laptop, lectern, speakers, microphone, and speaker's table. Absolutely no other AV equipment, furniture or sets will be ordered for the room.
- If you have an Apple computer, you must convert documents to "PC Compatibility" format or bring your computer to the session. Remember to also bring the correct Apple adapter.
- AV equipment is not to be removed from the room. AV technicians will be available for assistance
- Arrive at least 10 minutes before your session start time.
- Don't forget about the NCEA 2019 Mobile App! Download the NCEA app to use for yourself to have all of the latest NCEA 2019 information once it becomes available. Details of how to update speaker profiles within the mobile app or upload presentations will be sent in the weeks and months leading up to NCEA 2019.
- Please remember to encourage attendees in your session to complete the session evaluation located within the session listing in the mobile app.
- Signs, banners and any other forms of decoration may not be attached, glued, taped, nailed or otherwise fastened to any ceiling, painted surface or wall of the convention center.
Tips for Submitting an NCEA 2020 Session Proposal
Please note that the NCEA 2020 Call for Proposals has now closed. Proposal status notifications will be sent via email. If you missed the NCEA 2020 call, we encourage you to start thinking about your proposal for NCEA 2021 - the Call may be expected to open for NCEA 2021 proposals in Spring of 2020.
- Topics should appeal to a wide range of interests in Catholic education, to a potential audience of 150 or greater
- Be sure that your session title clearly describes exactly what the session is about and is no more than 10 words in length: please also avoid using acronyms. NCEA reserves the right to edit session titles.
- Use active verbs to describe exactly what will occur in the session; use words such as “describe,” “discuss,” “role-play,” and “present.”
- Describe specific presentation techniques that you will be using; such as interactive, lecture, or multimedia. This way, participants will know what kind of session they will be attending.
- Indicate whether handouts will be available. Describe what you will be doing in the session and what the participants can expect to leave with.
Should you have any questions regarding your session please contact Thomas Pigg.