WEDNESDAY: Celebrating the Nation
On National Appreciation Day for Catholic schools, students, families, educators and other Catholic school supporters communicate the value of Catholic education to government leaders. They share information with leaders on the significant contributions Catholic schools make to the nation and their role in preparing students to be good citizens. They pray for the nation and recognize all those who serve it.
Inspiration and Ideas
Download School Choice Talking Points
- Publish a CSW schedule of events in advance.
- Share school news and events on social media platforms using #CSW17.
- Use Catholic school infographics to share information about Catholic education.
- Submit an article to the diocesan newspaper highlighting CSW events.
- Distribute copies of the Catholic Schools Week logo outline for young parishioners to color.
- Share award-winners’ accomplishments on your school bulletin board, website, Facebook and/or Twitter.
- Display CSW posters created by students.
- Encourage government officials to issue proclamations in honor of National Catholic Schools Week.
- Coordinate with government leaders’ staff on inviting media to observe the signing ceremony.
- Thank parishioners with letters written by student council members.
- Invite Catholic government leaders to your school to share how their Catholic education prepared them for life.
- Engage government leaders on social media.
- Join other schools in your diocese to visit your state capitol.
- Set up meetings with local government leaders to talk about the importance of Catholic education.
- Write letters to newspapers or create a blog about your school.
- Follow NCEA on Facebook.
- Follow NCEA on Twitter.
- Designate a photographer for the week to take photos to submit to NCEA’s daily theme photo contests!
- Share your website with your community.
- Host an open house for prospective families.
- Host a Google Hangout with students and faculty for prospective families.