SUNDAY: Discover With Your Parish
Catholic schools benefit all year long from the religious guidance, prayers and support parishes provide. Many parishes join in the CSW celebration by devoting a Mass to Catholic education.
TIP: Even if you are not a parish school, reach out to local parishes early in the year to see if you can be part of a Mass during CSW. This is a great way to reinforce the shared commitment of faith and academics forming the whole child. A sample letter is available in the Tools and Templates section.
Ideas for Discover With Your Parish
- Host a meet and greet after each Mass in the parish center to share information about recent school projects.
- Have your school community participate in a week of Perpetual Adoration or host a Holy Hour of Adoration for your school.
- Showcase student-created exhibits illustrating various aspects of Catholic faith.
- Whether in-person Masses or livestreamed, ask the parish priests to announce it is Discover Catholic Schools Week, November 8 – 14, at each Mass.
- In the bulletin, online or printed, invite parishes to pray for Catholic schools, yours especially. And don’t forget to invite parishioners to be sure to visit when it’s safe to do so again.
- Tag your parish on social media with a Canva-inspired post and use #CSW21.
- Download the “Snaps” from the Catholic Schools Week Kit and post them on your website and social media, in addition to including them in a bulletin or school e-newsletter.
- Share a parish’s Mass that is utilizing livestreaming or Facebook Live.