TUESDAY: Celebrating Your Students
Schools celebrate students during National Catholic Schools Week by planning enjoyable and meaningful activities for them and recognizing their accomplishments. They encourage students to reflect on the benefits of Catholic education and how the grounding in faith, knowledge and service it provides will help them throughout their lives.
Inspirations and Ideas
- Let your students show off their technology skills by creating virtual tour videos to help promote your school.
- Line school halls with student work emphasizing the themes of CSW.
- Host a musical performance.
- Organize a student art show.
- Highlight student accomplishments with academic exhibits such as a spelling bee or science fair.
- Organize friendly sports and knowledge competitions to showcase student skills.
- Conduct a speech, essay, or classroom door-decorating contest based on the CSW theme.
- Share a list of colleges and universities to which your graduates matriculate.
- Hold a scavenger hunt—outside, throughout the school or in the classroom.
- Schedule times for older students to read aloud to younger students in the school.
- Host an invention convention where students show off their STREAM skills by showcasing original creations.
- Have students write and perform original skits or poems about their school.
- Start a pen pal program with another Catholic school.
- Pair students from different grade levels for tutoring or academic games.
- Organize a math bowl tournament where students compete to solve problems.