Day of Giving
The Many Gifts, One Nation: A Day of Giving to Catholic Schools is complete! This second annual event was a huge success; final numbers are being tallied, but we wanted to make sure you were the first to hear this great news.
More than $716,000 was raised from 6,289 donations to 424 schools in 112 dioceses.
This is just one example of the strength Catholic schools hold when we work together to promote the faith-filled and academically excellent education we all have at the core of our shared mission.
We’d like to particularly acknowledge the following schools for their outstanding showing during Many Gifts, One Nation:
- Sacred Heart Catholic School in Morrilton, AR (Diocese of Little Rock) is the highest online fundraising school.
- St. Maria Goretti in Westfield, IN (Diocese of Lafayette in Indiana) is the second highest online fundraising school and fourth for most gifts.
- Christ the Teacher School in Newark, DE (Diocese of Wilmington) received the most gifts yielding the third highest online fundraising school.
We also would like to thank all the schools that promoted Many Gifts, One Nation on social media – final numbers are being crunched but we know we’ve put Catholic schools at the center of much online chatter. It's not too late to join the conversation! Follow NCEA on Twitter and Facebook and use #CSW19.
A few next steps and reminders for you:
- If your school received additional gifts beyond what came in the portal (either check in hand, matched gift or through your own donate page) and you would like to include this in the final tally, please fill out this quick form with the number to add to your portal amounts by Wednesday, February 6, 2019.
- Your individual school/diocese reporting and financials section is enabled in your giving portal allowing you to monitor your donations. This reporting information is available to you until April 30, 2019. A reminder email will be sent two weeks ahead of the portal closing. Your log-in information remains the same but if you need help accessing your giving page, please contact email@example.com.
- Please fill out the post-day of giving survey to help NCEA and FACTS improve and enhance this campaign for next year.
- Note that gifts are held for a brief grace period to account for chargebacks and other logistics. A check will be sent directly to your school/diocese within the next three months.
Thank you to all who participated and congratulations on an outstanding day of giving.
Twenty years ago, Saint Pope John Paul II said to an audience of Catholic educators in New Orleans: "Yours is a great gift to the Church, a great gift to your nation." Countless people in our country have been blessed by the many gifts of Catholic schools. However, many adults have lost touch with their local Catholic school community. It is time for those people who have been impacted by your school to reconnect with the community that gave them so much, and give back.
With this recognition in mind, NCEA is pleased to present the online giving campaign: Many Gifts, One Nation: A Day of Giving to Catholic Schools. Make your gift to a Catholic school today! This day is made possible with the generous support of FACTS.