CLS is THE event of the year for leaders in Catholic education at the diocesan and network level! Join us to build relationships with your national peers and be part of the discussion around the big issues of the era. You will find ideas and support in critical areas that will help make you and your schools better! Key topics this year include Hispanic engagement; the hiring and formation of teachers and leaders; and our evergreen themes of data, public policy and Catholic identity.
See you in Raleigh!
Lincoln and the NCEA Team
NCEA Catholic Leadership Summit 2023 (CLS) and New Superintendents Academy
NCEA Catholic Leadership Summit 2023 (CLS)
October 22 - 25, 2023
Superintendents (new and current), assistant and associate superintendents, executive directors, directors of Catholic schools, school network leaders and members of CHESCS, NNAC, CAAC and the Catholic Conference will engage with each other and with session leaders to learn and share research best practices, resources and tools which will have a positive impact on your school and community and strengthen your shared mission.
New Superintendents Academy
October 21 - 22, 2023
Beginning with an in-person engagement at CLS, the New Superintendents Academy brings together Catholic school system leaders and extends the learning and collaboration for a year underscoring the theme of Building Connections, Sustaining Commitments and Inspiring Leadership. This year-long experience of professional learning, mentorship and support for participant leaders is what makes this event truly valuable. Participants will learn from a variety of Catholic school leaders in the areas of system-wide mission and Catholic identity, governance and leadership, academic excellence and operational vitality. Rooted in the NCEA National Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Catholic Elementary and Secondary Schools (NSBECS), the New Superintendents Academy provides collaboration among those called to the ministry of school system leadership.
VIEW THE SCHEDULE AT A GLANCE HERE
Call for Speaker Proposals
NCEA seeks session proposals for CLS 2023: Building Connections, Sustaining Commitments and Inspiring Leaders in Raleigh, NC, October 22-25, 2023.
Session Theme, Audience and Topics
Proposals should be high-level, engaging and inspired around the topics listed below while expanding on the theme “Building Connections, Sustaining Commitments and Inspiring Leadership.” All session proposals should be tailored towards Superintendents, associate superintendents, diocesan, order and system leaders. Keynote and other featured sessions will be on the topics of Latino/Hispanic engagement and hiring for mission.
MISSION AND CATHOLIC IDENTITY
- Evangelization, Faith Formation of Students, Staff and Families
- Inclusive Catholic Environments, Serving Students with Disabilities and Learning Differences
- Belonging, Equity, Diversity, Social-Emotional Learning
- Meeting the Needs of English Learners and Their Families
- Serving Students and Families of All Ethnicities, Hispanic Enrollment
- Social Media, AI and Technology
GOVERNANCE AND LEADERSHIP
- Balancing Life and Superintendency
- Strategic Planning, Program Effectiveness
- Governance Structures, Local and Diocesan Board Practices and Relations
- Academic Recovery
- School Choice
- Marketing, Advancement and Development
- Staff Retention, Recruitment and Other Employee Benefits
- Session Format: Sessions must be 60 minutes in length and delivered in-person.
- Submission Limit: Individuals may be listed as a speaker on a maximum of two proposals.
- Availability: Special scheduling accommodations cannot be made. Sessions will be delivered: October 23, 24 and/or 25; some sessions may be offered more than once.
- Correspondence: The person who submits the proposal is the primary contact and is responsible for all communications and coordination on behalf of all co-presenters. Speakers will be notified by email.
- Speaker Agreement and Registration: All accepted speakers will be prompted to sign a speaker agreement and register for the event by a specific deadline. If selected, speakers and panelists will receive complimentary registration.
Selection Process and Timeline
All proposals that follow the session guidelines will be reviewed and selected based on the connection to the theme, topic and intended relevance to Catholic system educational leaders. Proposals should contain current, practical and innovative content that is of high quality and significant to the future of Catholic education.
- May 26: Open Call for Proposals
- June 26: Submission Deadline
- July 17: Acceptance Notifications Period Begins
- August 1: Speaker Agreement and Registration Due
- October 22-25: CLS*
*Speakers chosen to present at CLS may be asked to participate in a webinar, write an article for Momentum or post an NCEA blog.
For more information, please contact Laura MacDonald, director of Professional Learning: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL FOR CLS
Have questions or suggestions for CLS and/or the New Superintendents Academy? Please let us know!
Director of Professional Learning