NCEA 2024 Call for Proposals
Ready to share your expertise with Catholic school educators and leaders? It’s time to submit your session proposals for NCEA 2024 Convention! Join us in Pittsburgh, PA, April 2-4, 2024, for Together in Pittsburgh: Connections, Commitments, Community and be a part of a celebrated Catholic education speakers’ community.
Sessions should be tailored toward the following:
- Early Childhood Educators
- Elementary Teachers
- Middle School Teachers
- High School Teachers
- Site Administrators
- System Leaders
- Student Support Service Providers
- Advancement Directors
CONNECTING WITH COMMUNITY
- Building relationships with students, staff, families, board, pastor, alumni
- Family, parish and community involvement
- Partnerships with parish, community and donors
- Affiliation, belonging, Hispanic/Latino engagement.
- Integration of culture and life
- Marketing and communications
- Tuition assistance, scholarship programs, geographical and cultural barriers
CENTERED IN CHRIST
- Religion and virtue instruction, Catholic social teachings
• Evangelization, formation for teachers, families and students
- Faith integration
- Strengthening the domestic church
- Schoolwide service programs
- Prayer, eucharist and liturgy
LEADING THE WAY
- System models, governing bodies and leadership teams
- Servant leadership
- School safety, security, social media
- Professional learning models, teacher preparation and evaluations
- Program effectiveness, school improvement and strategic plans
- Teacher retention and recruitment
- Representing and advocating for the school/system
CHARACTERIZED BY EXCELLENCE
- Academic recovery, literacy in math and reading
- Engaging and motivating students
- Assessments, evaluating student work, data-driven decisions
- Inquiry, discourse, critical thinking, communication and collaboration
- Science, technology, religion, engineering, the arts and mathematics
- Connecting in and through arts, sports and other co-curricular programs
- Structures for academic excellence
SERVING ALL STUDENTS
- Dignity of all students, diverse and Inclusive learning environments
- English learners
- Personalized learning
- Multi-tiered support systems
- Academic and behavior Interventions, accommodations and modifications
- Social-emotional learning, trauma-informed care, wellness programs
- Developing the whole child and recognizing gifts and talents
COMMITTING TO A SUCCESSFUL TOMORROW
- Tech literacy and integration, digital citizenship, artificial intelligence
- Advancement and development
- Federal funding
- Enrollment and retention
- Research and data
- Financial stewardship
Session Format: Sessions should be 75-minutes and will be delivered in-person.
- Submission Limit: Individuals may be listed as a speaker on a maximum of two proposals.
- Availability: Special scheduling accommodations cannot be made. Sessions will be delivered: April 2-4; some sessions may be offered more than once.
- Correspondence: The person who submits the proposal is the primary contact and is responsible for all communications and coordination on behalf of all co-presenters.
- Speaker Agreement and Registration: All accepted speakers will be prompted to sign a speaker agreement and register for the event by a specific deadline. If selected, speakers and panelists will receive discounted registration.
Selection Process and Timeline
All proposals that follow the session guidelines will be reviewed and selected based on the connection to the theme, topic and intended relevance to Catholic education. Proposals should contain current, practical and innovative content that is of high quality and significant to the future of Catholic education.
Accepted speakers will be notified by email.
June 30, 2023: Open Call for Proposals
- September 1, 2023: Submission Deadline
- November 15, 2023: Acceptance Notifications Period Begins
- December 1, 2023 Speaker Agreement and Registration Due
- April 2-4, 2024: Event*
*Speakers chosen to present at NCEA 2024 Convention may be asked to present a webinar during the summer 2024 webinar series.
SUBMIT A PROPOSAL FOR NCEA 2024
Have questions or suggestions for NCEA 2024? Please let us know!
Director of Professional Learning
Director of Leadership Engagement