THURSDAY: Celebrating the Faith-Based Community
Catholic schools are gathering places for families of all faiths. By inviting leaders of different faiths, you are opening up an opportunity for important discussion as well as building ambassadors in their communities to send children to your school.
Ask if you can visit their faith community as well, so you can grow in your own perspective and understanding.
Ideas for Celebrating the Faith-Based Community
- Host an interfaith celebration and prayer service that celebrates and shares the differences and similarities of faiths.
- Have current students invite religious leaders to a breakfast or lunch. By witnessing your school community firsthand, faith leaders can work with you to form the entire child in mind, body and spirit.
- Identify local faith-based communities and have students write notes of greetings.
- Invite families of other faith-based communities to visit your school virtually using a short open house style video.
- Organize a Zoom meeting with local pastors and priests to pray and share ideas of how your school can support these faith-based communities through service work.