TUESDAY: Discover Catholic School Parents
Parents are called to be partners in their children’s education. Bring in experts, offer a platform for discussion and provide resources to parents that offer more than simply explaining the ins and outs of your admissions process.
TIP: Invite current parents and prospective parents to a special event geared to their interests. This allows prospective parents a glimpse into the relationship you share with current families and it is also a great retention tool.
Potential Themes for Discover Catholic School Parents
- “Preparing your preschool child for elementary school (or elementary to middle, middle to high school.”
- “Screen time: how to thrive and survive.”
- “Your child is known: excelling in the classroom.”
- “Understanding today’s homework expectations.”
- “Students and anxiety.”
Remember, you are providing a story that is focused on the audience, with your school serving as the guide in the discussion. While you are not solely talking about your school and brand, your mission shines through and creates a community of belonging.
- Ask students to write thank-you notes or to send emails to a teacher, so they can be forwarded to parents thanking them for choosing Catholic school and telling them why it’s important to them.
- Invite parents to make 30-second videos on why they chose Catholic school for their children. Post on the school website or social media and use #CSW2024.
- Identify families not enrolled in your school and invite them to a Zoom introduction to your school with students talking about what their Catholic education means to them.
- A video tour of the school by students can substitute for open houses during this time. Make it short and post it on your website, in your e-newsletter, and on social media.